Portfolio

The Royal Palace in Stirling Castle dates from the 1540’s, and was built by King James V for his second queen Mary of Guise. The Palace comprises of ‘his and hers’ separate lodgings, with an Outer Hall, an Inner Hall and finally the Bedchambers for both the King and Queen.

The Assembly Rooms on George Street in the heart of Edinburgh were originally opened in January 1787, with extensions being added over the next 100 years. The building was completed to its current form in 1907.